Rebellious Rose NZ
Breastfeeding Nipple Shield
Breastfeeding Nipple Shield
The Haakaa Breastfeeding Nipple Shield is a world-first design made of 100% soft silicone, with an extended teat that puts space between your nipple and your baby’s mouth.
If your little one bites down, pulls away, or if you have inverted or cracked nipples, you will still be able to breastfeed with ease and comfort. Our Nipple Shields suction onto your breast, giving you a hands-free breastfeeding experience.
Available with a round or butterfly-shaped base, the Haakaa Breastfeeding Nipple Shield allows all mums to experience the beauty of breastfeeding without the worry of discomfort and pain! The round base is larger and suctions on more easily, making it more suited for those who are new to using nipple shields. The butterfly-shaped base is smaller, but allows for more skin-to-skin contact, making it more suited for those who are more experienced with using nipple shields.
We offer two teat shapes: the orthodontic teat and the nipple teat. The orthodontic teat is thumb-shaped to replicate the shape of a mother's nipple during breastfeeding, making it more readily accepted by your baby. The nipple teat replicates the silicone teat of a baby bottle and is better suited to help your baby transition from breast to bottle.
- Patented one-piece design with no joints, cracks or edges.
- Nipple design allows babies to mimic a natural sucking rhythm, making it easier for babies that have difficulty latching.
- Suctions on to all breast shapes, making it easier for new mums to use and enjoy a hands-free breastfeeding experience.
- The anti-slip ridged outer edge make the nipple shield easier to hold while the baby is feeding.
- Anti-colic and variable flow nipple allows baby to drink continuously without gasping for air or drinking bubbles and prevents them from choking if milk flows too fast.
- Space between mum’s nipple and the nipple shield head prevents baby from biting the nipple.
- BPA, PVC and phthalate-free.
Includes one shield and a protective case for storage.
Cleaning and Care
Wash before and after each use. Although dishwasher safe, we recommend hand washing in warm soapy water and rinsing and drying thoroughly. Do not use any bleach-based cleaners or tablets to sterilise or clean your Haakaa products. To sterilise, use a steam steriliser or boil in water for 2-3 minutes.
Caution: Check product condition regularly. Replace if this product shows any signs of damage. Do not store near any sharp objects. Only soft bristle brushes or soft sponges should be used to clean this product as hard scourers may scratch the surface. Children can choke on small objects if left unattended. This product is not a toy. Do not use this product for anything other than its intended purpose. Store product in a cool dry place and avoid direct sunlight. Excessive stretching may cause tearing.
This product is designed for mothers who are physically unable to breastfeed due to sore, cracked nipples, and should only be used in the interim before returning to natural breastfeeding once your nipple has healed. If you are able to breastfeed successfully and experience slight discomfort, we suggest using our traditional nipple shields as a protective alternative if your nipples become raw and sore.
Haakaa Nipple Shields are a patented design. Patent numbers are listed below.