Hushh Continuous White Noise Machine
Our best-selling white noise machine now comes as a portable sound machine!
Continuous white noise machine which can be used plugged in or with included rechargeable lithium battery. Hushh is charged and played using a Micro USB cable, the same way as you charge a phone. Run continuously and turn off using the on/off button as required. There is no timer.
Or run Hushh on the battery power. We've tested it to run for at least 12 hours continuously on battery power, when played on medium volume and without the nightlight. For more info, see battery info below.
Hushh never needs batteries, so there is none of the on-going cost you get with all other portage white noise machines, shushers or other sound boxes.
And the continuous play means you can turn Hushh on at bedtime, and it will help calm and resettle your baby or child all through the night. No timers or need to reset, just lovely calming white noise all night.
From Marpac, makers of the beloved Dohm-DS All-Natural White Noise Sound Machine, comes Hushh, a portable electronic sound machine designed to help baby fall asleep and stay asleep anywhere. The Hushh cradles your baby in soothing sound to create a comforting, consistent sound environment for sleep.
This compact portable unit comes with 3 sound options: choose from bright white noise, deep white noise, or gentle surf and a wide volume range. Hushh is powered by a lithium ion battery and recharges from a micro-usb cord (included).
Throughout night time or naptime, it masks disruptive noises to promote longer, more restful sleep cycles.
- Continuous play.
- Soothing Sound - Cradles baby in a consistent, adjustable sound to promote restful sleep cycles.
- Sound Masking - Masks everyday noises, so you don't have to worry about anyone (or anything) waking baby!
- 3 Sound Options - Time-tested by the sound specialists at Marpac, these sounds promote sleep and mask noise: bright white noise, deep white noise, or gentle surf.
- Portable - Simply fasten Hushh to a stroller or car seat using the included baby-safe clip or place it on any surface. The simple interface is easy to use and operate with one hand.
- Child Lock - offers the ability to lock Hushh at a desired setting and volume to prevent younger hands from altering the sound or turning the unit off.
- Amber LED Nightlight - provides just enough light to see by without causing wakefulness for parent or baby.
- Rechargeable - Convenient USB charging (USB cable included)
How does the Rohm compare to the Hushh?
- Hushh has a tiny amber light on the side, which the Rohm does not have.
- Hushh has a plastic loop which you can attach to the buggy or side of the cot, whereas the Rohm has a little tie instead.
- All other features and functions are the same.
The Hushh has a wide volume range, giving you a lot of flexibility in terms of how loud you play it and where you use it.
Most customers find low to medium volume quite sufficient and this will also mean that the charge lasts for longer as the higher the volume, the shorter the battery time.
We do not recommend having the Hushh close to your baby on maximum volume as it is very loud. It is different to the Baby Shusher for example, which is designed for use close to baby and it much quieter. The maximum volume would be suitable if you are using the Hushh plugged in across the room from your baby and only for short periods.
Battery power information:
The Hushh has an internal rechargeable battery which means you never need to replace batteries or worry about your child opening the machine and playing with batteries.
The battery is charged using the USB cable supplied with your unit.
The battery can last all night, depending on a number of factors:
- You will get the best battery life from your Hushh when it is used on medium volume without the nightlight and is expected to last 12 hours of continuous noise.
- Basically the lower the volume played at, the longer your Hushh battery will last (and considerably longer when the light is not used).
- The 'Bright White' (middlesound) has been shown to have the best battery time.
- We recommend charging with a good quality charger, such as the good quality chargers supplied with a phone or a Balkin brand charger. Cheap phone chargers take much longer to charge and may not fully charge your Hushh.
The nightlight function and battery life:
Hushh has a very small amber nightlight. We recommend only using this function if you are using Hushh plugged in. If you are using battery power, use of the nightlight, particularly if also using at high volume, will cut the battery life down significantly.
- Used with maximum volume and the nightlight, the Hushh battery will last less than 5 hours
- When used on maximum volume without the light, you can expect around 10 hours
- Volume also has a significant impact on battery life.