Rebellious Rose NZ
Crane Drop Cool Mist Humidifier 3.75L - White/Pink
Crane Drop Cool Mist Humidifier 3.75L - White/Pink
- VARIABLE SPEED SETTINGS: No matter the humidity level you would like to achieve we’ve got you covered. The Crane drop cool mist humidifiers offer variable output settings and an adjustable 360° mist lid making it easy to send the mist in any direction. The mist output is perfect for humidifying rooms up to 500 sq. ft., which is a standard medium to large sized room.
- WHISPER QUIET: Crane’s drop humidifier runs whisper quiet which makes it the perfect option for light sleepers, kids, and especially babies. This humidifier is made with clean control anti-microbial material which reduces mold and bacteria growth by up to 99.96%.
- ONE GALLON TANK: The 3.75 Litre tank fits under a standard kitchen or bathroom sink, and has an easy to carry handle at the top. Our humidifiers are filter free, but we offer an optional demineralization filter (HS-1932) for those with excessive minerals in their water that screws directly into the tank.
- 24 HOUR RUN TIME: The Drop humidifier runs up to 24 hours, so you don’t have to worry about running it through the night. It also is equipped with an automatic shut-off safety feature that turns the unit off when the water runs out.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Crane’s easy to clean humidifier design features a detachable bottom fill tank, which is recommended by health professionals for promoting clean humidifier habits. The water level sensor and cap also are removable, giving you access to clean the entire base. We recommend cleaning the humidifier based on frequency of use and provide many educational resources on how to clean your humidifier.
- 1-year limited manufacturer warranty included.
How does the Drop differ from the Droplet?
The Drop is bigger and has a large tank capacity. The Drop capacity is 3.75L and the Droplet is 1.9L. The larger the tank, the longer your Humidifier will run for before needing to be filled. Both Drop and Droplet will run continuously through the night.
Does This Crane Humidifier Have a Light?
Yes it has 2 tiny lights showing whether there is water in the humidifier. The tiny green light glows if there is sufficient water and the tiny red light glows if the water tank is empty. You can see the little lights above the dial. The indicator light stays on while unit is in use.
Why Should I Use a Humidifier?
The real question is why shouldn't you? Humidifiers increase moisture in the air that can otherwise be removed by other external factors such as air conditioners and heaters. Having the right balance of moisture in the air can be used for coughs, dry tickly throats, congestion and colds.
Is This Suitable for Babies and Toddlers?
Yes, this unit is designed for use with your baby or toddler and the range of fun designs makes it easy to find something your little one will love. The cool mist technology makes it safe to have in the home, unlike hot steam vaporisers which can be a burns hazard.
Humidifier or Vaporiser?
Humidifier is the name in the US for what is usually called a Vaporiser (sometimes spelled as vapouriser or vapourizer) in NZ and Australia. It is important to note that Crane Adorable, Drop and Travel Humidifer/Vaporisers are Cool Mist Ultrasonic Vaporisers, not to be confused with warm mist or steam vaporisers. We use the terms Humidifier and Vaporiser interchangeably when referring to Crane products.
Which is Better: Warm Mist or Cool Mist?
The major difference is that a Warm Mist Humidifier is heating the water to produce steam vapour. Cool Mist Humidifiers use an Ultrasonic Nebulizer that vibrates at a very high frequency to produce an extra fine water mist. When it comes to humidifying a room, there is not much of a difference between the two types - both are equally effective. However, paediatricians and parents alike recommend Cool Mist Humidifiers for babies and children because there is no heating element, which could be a safety risk for a child. Cool Mist Humidifiers can also save money on energy costs.
Can I Use Essential Oils With My Crane Vaporiser?
No, as traditional essential oils will interfere with the operation of the ultrasonic membrane in your humidifier and cause the plastic to break down over time. A glass or ceramic diffuser is more suited for use with oils.
However it is primarily the cool mist produced by the Crane Humidifier that is designed to increase moisture in the air and can be used for dry coughs, colds, nose bleeds, itchy eyes, dry scratchy throats and congestion. The NZ Ministry of Health recommends using a humidifier to increase moisture in the air as a form of self-care when you have a cold.
A Humidifier Is a Common Baby Registry Item. Why Does My Baby Need One?
Newborns are Obligate Nasal Breathers, meaning that they can only breathe in through their nose for the first 4-6 months of their lives. Their nostrils are so small that even the tiniest clog can make everything from feeding to sleeping difficult and frustrating. Perhaps more importantly, the American Academy of Paediatrics advises against using over-the-counter cold medication for children under the age of 6. A whisper quiet, Crane Humidifier increases moisture in the air for easier breathing.
What is the Best Way to Clean My Humidifier?
It's simple. Regular cleaning will keep your humidifier running smoother, for longer. We highly recommend emptying the water tank and basin after each use and disinfecting them at least once a week with water and a few capfuls of white vinegar. Please check the manual for further instructions.
Do I Need a Filter to Run My Humidifier?
Nope. We're all about simple, clean design, so our humidifiers work perfectly without a filter. In some cases, such as when using bore water, you could notice a fine white mineral dust collecting near your Adorable. If so you can switch to distilled water to lower the dust-building mineral content. Crane Demineralization Filters will remove these excess minerals, so your air (and your home) stays clean.
- Please do not carry the water tank by the handle when it is filled with water
- Do not use hot water to fill the tank
- Essential Oils cannot be used with this product
Please read the Instruction Manual carefully before using your Humidifier, particularly around placement of your Humidifier.
- Check humidifier placement - Please the humidifier on an elevated, non-metallic, lint-free, waterproof, level surface at least 60cm above the floor
- Do not place on the carpet or towel - The fan vent is located on the bottom of the humidifier base, The fan vent MUST NOT be obstructed
- Do not place on wood surface or near furniture that can be damaged by too much moisture
- Please do not use essential oils in the water tank
- Increase the moisture in the air for dry coughs, colds and congestion
- Whisper-quiet ultrasonic operation with variable cool mist output control
- Auto-off function when water tank is empty, with low power consumption
- Removable water tank for easy carrying and filling
- 1 gallon (3.75 litres) tank runs up to 11 hours (highest setting) per fill, or up to 24 hours on the lowest setting
- Water indicator light
- 1 year warranty
- Award winning product
Please note some colours shown are unavailable in NZ and Australia